I don't know why I was so nervous about knitting...it's so much fun!!!! (this also happened with sewing button holes using a sewing machine and sewing knits....oh what we miss out on when we're scared to try!!).
|Cinch Head Wrap and Mini Cowl|
So far I've learned how to cast on, knit, purl, change out colors, circular knit, straight knit, cast off. Oh the possibilities!!!
Getting better at keeping an even tension but need to still play around with different yarns and needle sizes to get a better feel!
So. Much. Fun.
|Also works as a mini cowl!|
- Inspired by It's a Cinch Head Wrap and Collar by Elisa McLaughlin.
- 16 inch, no. 13, 9mm, circular bamboo knitting needles
- Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick in Sky Blue (20% wool 80% acrylic yarn, super bulky)
- cast on 50 in a round, alternated 2 rows of knit and 2 rows of purl; ended up with 10 knit rows and 8 purl rows
- finished circumference approximately 20.5 inches without stretching, 24 inches stretched
- finished width approximately 4 inches without stretching, 7 inches stretched