Last year I took up knitting and I'm so glad I did! What versatility! The first couple of head wraps I learned how to knit, purl, join and knit in a round (Knit Project #3: Cinched Head Wrap and Mini Cowl in Sky Blue and Knit Project #4: Cinched Head Wrap and Mini Cowl in Lemongrass).
- Less than 1 skein of Lion Brand Woolspun in Purple
- 80% acrylic/20% wool
- Product Care Instructions: Items made from this yarn may be laundered through the use of hottest available water, detergent or soap, agitation, and a machine designed for this purpose. A machine dryer may be regularly used at the hottest available temperature setting.
- US 10.5 (6.5mm) knitting needles
- Yarn needle
- cast on 17
- garter stitch until reach 15 inch length
- cast off and leave a long tail to sew the short edges together
- cinch sewn edges and wrap around seam for desired look, weave in remaining end.
- 5 inch width (unstretched)
- 16 inch circumference (unstretched); possibly stretched out a little from the finished length of 15 inches after cinching and pulling on the sides? Either way, it's nice and stretchy!
Inspired by It's a Cinch Head Wrap and Collar by Elisa McLaughlin.