Didn't really measure anything and made up the dish as I went so difficult to write out a recipe.... So here's the gist of the dish! Cooked the wild rice with chicken broth in the rice cooker. While wild rice cooked, made the rest of dinner. Cooked the hake loins in a large Dutch oven pot on a medium hot stove with browned butter. Sprinkled on curry powder and sea salt. Added chopped kale and dried cherries in after turning hake over. For the side of roasted pears, potatoes, and artichoke hearts, I did scribble things down as I went so below is a recipe!
Roasted Asian Pears, Sweet Potatoes, and Artichoke Hearts
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 large Asian pear
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 400F. Scrub sweet potatoes. Quarter lengthwise; slice diagonally 1/4 inch thick. Wash, core, and quarter the pears; slice 1/4 inch thick.
- In a large ziploc bag, throw in all ingredients, zip up, and shake until well coated.
- Mix ingredients on rimmed baking sheet (I find it easiest to shake everything up in a Ziploc bag). Bake for about 35 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are fork tender.