So I decided to give double pointed needles another try. I love a seamless finish so that's driving me to keep buying double pointed needles....
- 2 balls of Loops & Threads Powdery in Turquoise (I got through a little more than 1.5 leg warmers on one ball of yarn)
- 126 yds/116m; 3.5oz/skein
- 85% acrylic, 15% nylon
- hand wash warm. Do not bleach. Dry flat. Do not iron. Do not dry clean.
- bulky (5)
- 4" x 4" = 12S x 18R with US 10 (6.0mm) knitting needles
- set of four US 10.5 (6.5 mm) double pointed knitting needles (my gauge: 1"x1"=3Sx5R)
- yarn needle
- stitch marker
- Long tail cast on 32 sts. Divide onto three needles. Place stitch marker and join by knitting the first st on the left hand needle to the working yarn from the ring hand needles and be careful not to twist sts. Make sure the cast-on edge is running around the center of the square.
- R1-6: *K2, P2; repeat from * around for 2x2 ribbing.
- Knit for 55 rounds (stockinette st).
- Repeat R1-6.
- Bind off loosely.
- Weave in ends.
- Repeat steps above for second leg warmer.
I forgot to do measurements before boxing them up to send out for a dear mama-to-be's birthday present! They should be similar to the measurements for Leg Warmers for Mama in Rose (knit).