I've been wanting to try my hand at a toddler dress with lined bodice and a gathered skirt again since an attempt nearly a year ago (I'm pretty sure it didn't even make it to the blog). The gathers were wonky and the lining didn't quite match up. This attempt was much more successful! Looking forward to making several more!
|twirling with the measuring tape|
Love the navy accented with bright cold flowers.
|felt board garden|
- Inspired by The Stitching Scientist: Puff Sleeve Toddler Dress
- only one exposed seam - serged skirt to bodice
- Sleeveless - changed several steps from tutorial
- 2T pattern came closer to 12-18 month sizing, may try 110% printing of pattern
- skirt measurement: 40x16", double hemmed bottom hem