Prep: 15 minutes
Bake: 25 minutes
1 c butter, room temperature
3/4 c granulated sugar
1/2 c and a little extra rose geranium sugar
3 large eggs, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 c buttermilk, room temperature
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 c boysenberry jam (or whatever you have)
3/4 c powdered sugar
1 tbsp milk (adjust for desired consistency)
1 tsp boysenberry jam (or whatever you have)
1 tsp rose geranium sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line 20 muffin cups with liners. Beat butter and sugar with a stand mixer until light and creamy. Add eggs one at a time, vanilla, and buttermilk; beat until well blended into a smooth creamy dreaminess.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl, Gradually beat into butter mixture until well blended.
- Spoon 2 heaping tbsp batter into each liner. Top with 1 tsp of jam, then another 2 heaping tbsp of batter, carefully spreading it to cover jam.
- Sprinkle a little rose geranium sugar on each cupcake.
- Bake cupcakes until a toothpick inserted toward the edge comes out clean, approximately 25 minutes. Let cool in pans for 5 minutes, then transfer to racks to cool completely.
- To make icing, stir together all ingredients listed and use milk slowly until desired consistency - shiny and gives a little pull when mixing but not too "sticky."
- Using a spoon, spread about 1 tsp icing on top cupcake and spread around in a circle. Let it cool to a pretty shiny glaze.