Yield: 2 personal pizzas
Prep/Bake Time: 60-90 minutes
¼ cup warm water
1 ½ teaspoon yeast
¼ teaspoon sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dried Italian herbs of choice
1 ½ teaspoon olive oil and some
¾ cup all-purpose flour and some
- Combine water and yeast. Let sit 5 minutes.
- Stir in salt, sugar, olive oil.
- Add ¼ cup flour at a time, mixing in between.
- Knead dough on floured surface.
- Cover in warm spot for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Roll out dough on floured surface, sprinkle on herbs, press into dough.
Split into two and roll out with hands until desired thickness. (~8-10 inch diameter if circular and varying if oval…).
- Brush both sides with olive oil as you continue to get it to the right size/shape.
- Set aside on a baking sheet for ease to carry to the grill.
handful of sliced bell peppers*
small handful of sliced kalamata olives*
large handful of torn kale*
½ medium onion, sliced in half rings*
½ cup tomato sauce (I usually use whatever spaghetti sauce I have on hand)
½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
4 T feta cheese
* Feel free to use any vegetables of choice. You can also replace tomato sauce and mozzarella with ricotta cheese. Use as much or as little of any toppings for your own taste preference.
- Heat grill to low/medium.
- In large bowl, combine vegetables and 1 T of olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Grill vegetables over aluminum foil, turning occasionally, until vegetables are tender (6-9 minutes). Then set aside.
- Transfer dough pieces to grill. Cook until undersides are firm and beginning to char, 2 to 3 minutes. Using tongs or a large spatula, transfer crusts grilled side up back to baking sheet.
- Dividing evenly, top crusts with tomato sauce, then mozzarella, then vegetables and feta cheese. Slide back onto grill and cook, rotating occasionally, until crusts are cooked through and cheese is melted, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer pizzas to a cutting board, cut in fourths, and serve!