Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 10-12 minutes
Yield: 3 to 4 burgers
1.2lb ground sirloin
1 (heaping) teaspoon of minced garlic
1 Serrano chili, minced with seeds removed
1 Thai chili, minced with seeds removed
coarse sea salt
3-4 oz Gorgonzola cheese
3 mushrooms, sliced
1/2 onion, sliced as half rings
grapeseed oil (or olive oil)
- Using your hands and a large bowl, mix together ground sirloin, egg, garlic, chilies, Worcestershire sauce until well combined. Form into 3 to 4 balls.
- Divide up cheese into number of patties and insert one chunk of cheese into each patty ball. Form patties all the same thickness.
- Sprinkle both sides of patties with a little coarse sea salt.
- Grill patties on low for 5-6 minutes a side for medium well to well done.
- Meanwhile, place mushrooms and onions on aluminum foil, drizzle with oil and put on grill until they're at the done-ness you desire.
- Serve on your favorite buns with a side of grilled veggies! Careful not to burn your tongue on the hot gooey cheesy center!
Note: In the end, we couldn't really taste the chilies. Perhaps the Gorgonzola was too big of a flavor and masked the heat? Color-wise, they added great flecks of green and red! Since our garden is producing lots of chilies, we keep trying to experiment with them....