Pullover Sweater for a New Squish (knit)

Seamless? Check.
Works up relatively quickly? Check.
Not too complicated? Check.



If I didn't run out of yarn at the end and had to switch colors twice, there would've been only two ends to weave in but because I had to change up colors twice, I ended up with six ends to weave in. Oh well! Love it!



Materials
  • Lion Brand Woolspun in Plum, Orchid, and Fisherman
    • 80% acrylic/20% wool
    • bulky (5)
    • Product Care Instructions: Items made from this yarn may be laundered through the use of hottest available water, detergent or soap, agitation, and a machine designed for this purpose. A machine dryer may be regularly used at the hottest available temperature setting.
  • US 10.5 (6.5 mm) straight or circular knitting needles (I actually didn't use them but the instructions use them for the collar before switching to the bigger needles)
  • US 11 (8.0 mm) 16 inch circular knitting needles
  • Place markers
  • Yarn needle
  • Cable needle or double pointed needle or straight needle of the same size (only need to hold 2 stitches)

  • Ended up using 3 colors of yarn because I was using leftover yarn and ran out near the end. 
  • Repeated the last 2 rounds twice.
  • The pattern says it can be worked up in an hour. I took a lot longer. Partially because I had to start over once and take it all apart. Partially because I couldn't figure out how to join the round with the cable needle. Partially because I'm not a very fast knitter.
Finished Measurements (Unstretched)
  • circumference = 16.5 inches
  • underarm to bottom hem = 5.5 inches
  • top of collar to bottom hem = 8.5 inches





Comments

Popular Posts