Leg Warmers for Mama in Rose (knit)
With temps in the single digits and negatives (without factoring wind chill yet!) starting tomorrow, we went to the library to stock up on books and are ready for some pajama days ahead! What better to snuggle up with than over-sized sweaters, leggings, and leg warmers????
- 2 balls of Loops & Threads Powdery in Red (I got through a little more than 1.5 leg warmers on one ball of yarn)
- 126 yds/116m; 3.5oz/skein
- 85% acrylic, 15% nylon
- hand wash warm. Do not bleach. Dry flat. Do not iron. Do not dry clean.
- bulky (5)
- 4" x 4" = 12S x 18R with US 10 (6.0mm) knitting needles
- US 10.5 (6.5 mm) knitting needles (my gauge: 1"x1" = 3S x 5R --> 4"x4" = 12S x 20R)
- yarn needle
- Long tail cast on 32 sts.
- R1-4: *K2, P2* repeat through end of row.
- Stockinette for 60 rows.
- Repeat R1-4 for ribbing.
- Bind off loosely. Cut yarn with 28 inch tail to complete invisible vertical seam, making a tube.
- Weave in ends.
- Repeat steps above for second leg warmer.
- circumference = 10 inches
- length = 14 inches
- *measurements are unstretched and finished product is decently stretchy; adjust number of cast on stitches and stockinette rows as desired.