Sunshine Leg Warmers for A Little Sunshine (knit)
These chunky yarn leg warmers in infant/toddler size knit up quickly! I used double pointed needles this time (instead of using straight and then seaming up) and loved it.
- Loops & Threads Powdery in Gold
- 126 yds/116m; 3.5oz/skein
- 85% acrylic, 15% nylon
- hand wash warm. Do not bleach. Dry flat. Do not iron. Do not dry clean.
- bulky (5)
- 4" x 4" = 12S x 18R with US 10 (6.0mm) knitting needles
- set of four US 10.5 (6.5 mm) double pointed knitting needles (my gauge: 1"x1"=3Sx5R)
- yarn needle
- stitch marker
- Long tail cast on 20 sts. Split onto three dpns. Join in the round and place stitch marker.
- R1-6: *K1, P1* repeat through end of row for 1x1 ribbing.
- Stockinette for 25 rows.
- Repeat R1-6 for 1x1 ribbing.
- Bind off loosely.
- Weave in ends.
- Repeat steps above for second leg warmer.
- Circumference = 6.25 inches
- Length = 7.5 inches
- Best fits infants/toddlers. Little Miss E will probably enjoy them this winter and then pass them on to baby sister! For preschooler size I think I would CO 24 sts and make it 10 inches in length (for a little scrunchiness!).
|Leg Warmers for Mama in Rose. Polka Dot Striped Hat.|