Remember macaroni picture frames? Ziti necklaces? Mixed pasta mosaics?
- pasta in various shapes (ones with large holes for stringing, otherwise any will do for gluing)
- plastic storage bags that seal
- rubbing alcohol
- food coloring
- parchment paper
- baking sheet
- pipe cleaners, yarn, play dough, glue, paper plates, etc for more fun!
- Divide pasta into separate bags, one for each color.
- Add a little rubbing alcohol into each bag, close the top, and shake until the alcohol is evenly distributed (amount depends on how much pasta is in your bag, I just poured a little in, maybe a teaspoon?). This will help the dye distribute and dry faster than if you added water.
- Add some food coloring to each bag of pasta (I added maybe 4-5 drops?).
- Seal the bag and have child shake it up to distribute the color evenly.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (for easier clean-up), pour out contents of each bag to dry (I put ours next to the dehumidifier to dry faster!).
|Penne. Ziti. Rigatoni.|
I'm not sure who is going to have more fun with this. Me or Little Miss E.
Now for some glue...
...and some more glue...
...and some leaves and seeds...
...and some feathers...
...and some pom poms!
|"Mommy! It's a daddy egg, a mommy egg, and a baby egg!"|
Punch a hole on the side of the paper plate, loop yarn or string in it, and hang on a Christmas tree, in the window, or decorate the fridge!