Guest Blog Post: Navy Stripes + Pink with a Hint of Sunshine

 


Navy Stripes + Pink, Hint of Sunshine
As promised, Stephanie's "pop of color in the mail" arrived promptly on Friday.  (I actually think it arrived earlier but Z forgot to point out I had gotten a package -- side effect of long work hours.)  Fortunately, I had the foresight (or read: laziness) to forego putting the pink chambray shirt and striped sweater in the laundry basket, so I was able to throw Take #2 of this outfit back together and take advantage of the weather for photos outside.

I am loving Stephanie's new addition to her etsy shop: Chunky Bead Necklaces in an assortment of colors and patterns.  I get sneak previews of the fabrics she buys, so I requested one in this sunny yellow damask print with white ribbon (she makes them sans ribbon, too), which I am super excited to pair with all things navy!


The necklaces are actually "mommy-friendly" accessories -- they're made with 100% cotton fabric and unfinished natural woods beads, and meant for fashionable mothers toting around beautiful, teething tots.  (I'm told the wooden beads are great for babies to grab and chew.)  But it wouldn't be fair to limit these only to those lucky enough to have a baby on their hip!  (Plus, really, had I not told you, would you have guessed these were a meant-for-moms-only thing?  Didn't think so.)

Chunky Bead Necklace by EdibleThoughts

Having been indoors all morning, I was completely unprepared for the tourists milling around on the streets.  It dawned on me that the masses are on Spring Break!  I had gotten used to the (relative) quiet and calm of the neighborhood in January and February.  'Twas a bit of a rude awakening to realize tourist season is starting again.  Yikes.

In lieu of the grey wool skirt this time, I opted for jeggings (the previous outfit was worn to a no-jeans event) for a more comfy and casual adventure through West Village.

Necklaces: Chunky Bead Necklace by EdibleThoughts
Top: old BDG Chambray Shirt from Urban Outfitters 
Sweater: Chunky Slub-Knit Sweater from Old Navy

Jeggings: Hi-Rise Dark Wash Jeggings from American Eagle (I bought them on sale for $11.95)
Bag: Gift from my aunt

Sunglasses: Old, Z's fashionable find at a Walmart, I believe


Z and I took advantage of our day off together and explored (read: got lost in) my favorite Manhattan neighborhood.  Wandering around haphazardly, we ended up at a great little thrift store -- lots of good stuff, but alas, nothing in my size!  (Without access to a sewing machine, I hesitate to start any alterations lest I leave half-finished projects laying around our already cluttered apartment.)

Spotted: Lovely olive-y green doors that complemented my outfit. Had to cut off a bunch of tourists to get this shot, though.  

Here's to hoping the rest of this week's weather progressively gets nicer!

-- JP*

Comments

Popular Posts