I love writing lists. Grocery lists. To-do lists. Alphabetical lists. Pros and cons lists. Ranking lists. There I go, listing. Even as a child, I wrote lists. What's there to do on a to-do list as a child you may ask? It didn't have to be a to-do list. I listed out all the types of horses I remembered reading in the encyclopedia. I listed all the colors I could dream of. My poor brothers were roped into this listing game I created. We'd list and list until we could think of no more and then compare our lists. Yes, I'm also the type of person who will write something on a list I already completed to smile in satisfaction from crossing it off.
Below is my life list. It isn't a "35 Things to Do Before I'm 35" because deadlines make me go into crazy-must-get-this-done mode. There isn't an expectation to cross everything off. There isn't rhyme or reason to the order. It's a list of my wishes, my hopes, my dreams. It's a list of experiences. It's a list to look back on and think, "oh yeah! I want to get on that" or maybe even "oh dear, what was I thinking?!"
Get married.(June 12, 2010)
- Be a Mom. (working on this one...crossing off in February 2013!)
- Breastfeed. (will get to this one, see #2)
- Take a week long trip with my closest girl friends.
Start a blog.(Edible Thoughts born on June 2, 2011)
- Visit Alaska before it melts.
Nurture a flower and vegetable garden.(My husband is really the one with the green thumb but I help... Started May 2010)
- Have an art studio.
- Own a baby grand piano. (Mom and Dad, you're still holding on to my piano until we get a bigger house right?)
Go to graduate school and study something I'm passionate about.(2009-Completed Master of Public Health in Nutrition from University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill and passed exam as a Registered Dietitian)
- To live in the same city as a sibling, a cousin, and/or a close girl friend; or at least be within driving distance (3 hours max including traffic).
- Be an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC).
Try glassblowing.(October 2011-Made Christmas ornaments)
- Successfully host a multi-course home-cooked meal for at least 6 people.
- Hang up my paintings for an art show.
- Eat my way through Italy.
- Explore Turkey.
- Take a ceramics class.
- Perfect the art of traditional Taiwanese boba.
Own a sewing machine.(January 2012).
- Inspire a stranger.
- Take a spontaneous road trip.
- Design and build a home with my husband.
- Write a story telling cookbook.
- Own/Share a beach house.
- See family in Taiwan at least once every 5 years (last trip was May 2010).
- Spend a long weekend on Mackinac Island, Michigan.
- Study food anthropology.
- Attend an organized personal growth retreat (Elevate Mastermind).
Be a small business owner (actually I never dreamed I would do this but now that is has happened, I'm enjoying the ride and definitely think it makes the list!).(Etsy shop opened May 1, 2012).
This is a list to start, stay tuned for updates! What's on your Life List?
Inspired by Molly Mahar.