Chunky Curry Beef Stew
With a baby crawling through the house, meal times can be tricky between cooking, sitting down to eat as a family, cleaning up after a messy eater, and cleaning up the kitchen. This hearty stew is delicious for the whole family (the chunks are soft and easy for Baby Foodie to feed herself) and because it's a one-pot-dish, that means less to clean too!
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 16 oz beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 3 cups vegetable or beef stock
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped into wedges
- 4 small golden potatoes, chunks
- 2 small sweet potatoes, chunks
- 3 celery stalks, chunks
- 3 carrots, chunks
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Place flour and curry powder in a gallon size Ziploc bag. Add meat cubes, shake to coat. In a large Dutch oven, brown meat in hot oil, drain fat. Stir in stock and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer covered for about 30 minutes, or until meat is nearly tender.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients, return to boiling before reducing the heat again. Simmer, covered for about 30 minutes more or until meat and vegetables are tender.