|my little seamstress|
After the first eyelet lace project, I had to tackle it again to make one the right size. I needed to make some adjustments to the formula from the tutorial I followed. I think I have it right this time! I also wanted to try my hand at bias tape (I've tried it before but didn't do it correctly...this time I was way more successful...you can find anything on YouTube these days...see "notes" for bias tape tutorial).
- chest circumference = 18"
- width of fabric (2 pieces) = 15"
- length of fabric (2 pieces) = 10"
- top lace length (2 pieces) = 7" (after binding removed)
- strap lace length (2 pieces) = 6" (didn't remove binding but will next time because used bias tape all around instead of only on bottom half of armhole like I did the first time)
- Inspired by It's Always Autumn's Tutorial for "super sweet girl’s white lace blouse tutorial." Changed measurements to better fit my petite toddler since the previous trial ended up with a dress that was too big!
- Should've removed bias tape that came with the eyelet lace for the straps but didn't decide to go over the entire armhole with a contrasting bias tape until I had already sewn on the straps. Next time!
- Tutorial to sew on bias tape.