Solution: Bread Pudding. It's like French toast, in a bowl. Yum.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 5ish minutes
Bake Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups stale bread in cubes (make sure there's no mold or anything else that looks suspicious....)
- small handful of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk (I used soy milk because I don't usually have cow's milk in stock but either is fine)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg in small bowl.
2. Evenly spread bread, cherries, and chocolate chips in quart-sized baking dish.
3. Pour egg mixture over bread mixture.
4. Using a wooden spoon, press down on bread so everything gets a good soaking. If your bread is as stale as mine, you might need to give it a few minutes before you can do any squishing.
5. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
6. Serve warm, topped with cinnamon sugar, powdered sugar, or vanilla ice cream!