|Apricot Mustard Pork Chops, Grilled Eggplant, Mixed Greens with Cinnamon Balsamic Glazed Pistachios|
Total Time: 30 minutes
2 c mixed greens
handful of unsalted roasted pistachios
cinnamon balsamic vinegar
1 Black Beauty eggplant (from our garden!)
2 all natural pork chops, ~3/4 to 1 inch thick, bone in
1/3 c apricot preserve
1 T stone ground mustard (with seeds)
1 t ground ginger
1 t ground cinnamon
- Trim fat off chops. Season with coarse salt on both sides. Grill on medium heat for 20ish minutes, until meat reaches 160 degrees F.
- Clean preparation area to avoid cross-contamination.
- Peel and slice eggplant in 1/4 inch slices horizontally. Place prepared eggplant in colander in single layer, sprinkle with salt, and place a heavy bowl filled with water on top. This process will help remove any bitterness from eggplant.
- While the eggplant is pressing, wash your greens and place on one side of serving plates. In a small bowl shell pistachios and drizzle in balsamic vinegar and olive oil and mix until lightly coated. Pour over mixed greens.
- Mix together apricot preserve, mustard, ginger, and cinnamon for glaze. Set aside.
- Rinse eggplants slices and pat dry. Arrange in a single layer on aluminum foil, drizzle with olive oil. Slide onto grill for remaining 10 minutes.
- Glaze chops occasionally on both sides for remaining 10 minutes.
- Plate food and enjoy!