Chamomile Blue Sweater & Beanie (0-3 months)


Last year, I stepped foot into a yarn store that made my eyes grow as big as saucers. Every wall was filled from floor to ceiling with the most brilliantly colored yarns of all hues. There were skeins and skeins of varying thickness, softness, material. I was like a little kid in a candy store. I limited myself to not buying out the whole store and still went home happy. Now I thought, "I need something really special to use this yarn." Months went by and I couldn't bring myself to use this special yarn. The yarn I used for this special project is "Nuna-Turquoise," 40% Merino Wool, 40% Silk, and 20% Bamboo sourced Viscose. It's incredibly soft, fine, and a rich calming blue. It's from Peru and supports the children of Peruvian Highland shepherds by directly funding a school in the remote area of Muñani in the region of Puno. For more information, check out www.mirasolperu.com. This project is special to me because I'm keeping it. I'm keeping it for my future baby girl or boy (the flower can be replaced if needed)!


Comments

Popular Posts