Note: I don't have really a recipe for this. If I were to write one out, it probably wouldn't come out the same as what I did since nothing was measured or timed. So, below are some ingredients I used that will hopefully inspire you to create something so exciting for your taste buds, you can't wait for the next bite...and the next bite...and then all of a sudden you're wondering who ate your last bite! We probably spent ~20 minutes making this salad from opening the fridge to sitting down at the dinner table. The next ~7 minutes disappeared into the devouring of the delicious. Awesome 30 minute meal for a weekday night!
- Smoky Tang: Grilled chicken thighs+teriyaki+Worchestershire+coarse salt+paprika.
- Juicy Sweet: Pluot cubes grilled.
- Nutty Crunch: Walnut halves toasted with olive oil and drizzle of honey.
- Light & Earthy: Washed organic mixed greens.
- Creamy Lick: Goat cheese scraped out of container with a fork.
DID YOU KNOW? The PLUOT is a cross between a plum and an apricot, but has predominately plum parentage resulting in the plum's shape and generally smooth skin. There's also the "aprium" which is predominantly apricot parentage and closely resembles the apricot in shape, flavor, and skin fuzz. "Plumcots" are the original cross between a plum and apricot and has an equal heritage of both. The season for plumcots is May to October. (Food Lover's Companion 4th Edition).