This is the perfect salad or starter to bring to a potluck. A little sweet, spicey, and smoky. Make it ahead of time and refrigerate overnight or start and finish this dish in less than an hour including prep and clean up! Challenge yourself to use as many ingredients as you can from a garden or farmer's market.
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 packed cup cilantro (about 1 bunch)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- two 15-ounce cans garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 pound rainbow carrots, peeled (pretty reds, oranges, and yellows! If you get lucky, there may be a purple carrot in the bunch too!)
- In food processor, shred carrots. Transfer to a large bowl. Add garbanzo beans to carrots in bowl.
- In food processor, combine lemon juice with garlic. Add cilantro, cumin, paprika, and cayenne pepper and pulse until chopped.
- Slowly pour in the olive oil and process to a paste. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour into bowl with carrots and garbanzo beans. Toss to mix.