Knit Project #5: Sunshine Circle Scarf
|DIY pom pom hat and scarf|
- matching anything, finding anything that matches, and matching mama
- the color yellow
- cheese, blackberries, sugar snap peas (but only if they come whole so she can open them and eat the peas inside), rice in any form, steamed broccoli, baked cod
- doing anything/everything by herself
|My Little Sunshine|
I LOVE scarves and would wear them year round if 90% humidity in the summer weren't a deterrent. When it's remotely cool enough to start scarf season, I pull out the scarf bin (yes, I have a bin dedicated to scarves). That being said, Little Miss E wanted a scarf too but a long one just did not seem like a great idea for a toddler. A circle scarf, on the other hand, is perfect!
The pattern I followed is sized for an adult but it works for a toddler (or you can play with the math on the pattern and make it smaller). She LOVES being able to put it on herself and take it off when she's "all done." Plus, it's YELLOW, her current favorite color.
What a fun pattern! It's worked in one piece in the round on a circular needle and the way the knit and purl stitches work around, it forms diagonals.
|This project gets a thumbs up!|
- Lion Brand Hometown USA Yarn in Pittsburgh Yellow, 100% acrylic, super bulky (6)
- bamboo circular knitting needles 16" size 13 (9.00mm); 9 stitches, 12 rows 4" by 4"
- Lion Brand Free Knitting Pattern: Florida Sun Circle #Scarfie (copied and pasted below)
- Did rounds 1-8 twice to yield approximate measurements 20 inches circumference and 4 inches wide without stretching. Fits an adult o so for a toddler could make is closer to a 16 inch circumference next time!
Cast on 48 sts.
Place marker for beg of rnd and join by knitting the first st on the left hand needle with the working yarn
from the right hand needle, being careful not to twist sts.
Rnd 1: *K4, p4; rep from * around.
Rnd 2: P1 *K4, p4; rep from * to last 7 sts, k4, p3.
Rnd 3: P2 *K4, p4; rep from * to last 6 sts, k4, p2.
Rnd 4: P3 *K4, p4; rep from * to last 5 sts, k4, p1.
Rnd 5: *P4, k4; rep from * around.
Rnd 6: K1 *p4, k4; rep from * to last 7 sts p4, k3.
Rnd 7: K2 *p4, k4; rep from * to last 6 sts p4, k2.
Rnd 8: K3 *p4, k4; rep from * to last 5 sts p4, k1.
Rep Rnds 1-8 until piece measures about 8 in. (20 cm) from beg.
Weave in ends.