Chunky Raglan Cardigan (knit)


Flat image of a tweedy rich purple super bulky yarn work in progress on bamboo circular knitting needles.
#WorkInProgress

I've always wanted to knit a sweater for myself but I just don't really enjoy knitting in separate pieces (I don't knit socks for that reason...because what if the two don't match up to be the same?!!?) and having to seam. I strongly prefer knitting in the round and seamless knitting. I've made baby and toddler sweaters and cardigans but never in an adult size....until now!!!!!!!!

Three image collage of an Asian woman wearing a taupe, orange, purple, yellow knitting hat and trying on a tweedy rich purple knit cardigan over a blue chambray dress. Skein of yarn in hand attached to the circular knitting needles on her arm that have a sleeve in progress.
Trying It On For Size. Sleeves in Progress!


Pattern: "Chunky Raglan Cardigan" Designs by Phanessads
Yarn: 4 skeins of Lion Brand's Wool-Ease Thick & Quick in Raisin

Notes:
  • It's knitted top down and you can modify as needed for length of the body and sleeves.
  • I prefer a longer to shorter length so I added an additional 2.5 inches to the recommended body length (11 inches instead of 8.5 inches prior to ribbing). For the ribbing on the body and sleeves I did a regular 1x1 ribbing instead of the twist. 
  • I did the body ribbing with US 15, sleeves were done with US 13 so I kept the ribbing with the same size needles. You could change it up to do the sleeves in US 15 and all ribbing in US 13 if you'd like - Phanessa has noted that in her updated pattern. If I were to make another, I will probably do the ribbing with smaller needles but they're fine as they are too!
  • I have some yarn leftover so I might add pockets to the front.

Three image collage of an Asian woman wearing a tweedy rich purple cardigan over a cream and black striped top.
So Cozy!

If you need help with anything, Phanessa (pattern designer) has a Facebook group featuring this pattern for the month of December as a knit-along! Not interested in joining another Facebook group? She's posting tips and working the pattern along on her blog.


****
Images have descriptions provided in the alternative text accessible to screen readers.

Comments

Popular Posts