Autumnal Garter Ear Flap Hat (knit)

Yellowish, greenish, brownish knit hat with ear flaps and a little tassel coming off the pointed top. Hat lays on a wood tray next to fall leaves.


I've had the "Garter Ear Flap Hat" pattern by Purl Soho bookmarked for awhile. I love that it requires no seaming up the back - worked in the round on circular needles. I love the ear flaps. I love that little tassel on top. BUT I was terrified of the acronyms - "wrp-t" and "s2kp." Okay, once I learned how to do those acronyms, it really wasn't that scary. I did it! I did it! And that tassel?? That tassel may make more appearances on pointed hats.

Side view with ear flaps on top of each other of a yellowish, greenish, brownish knit hat with ear flaps and a little tassel coming off the pointed top. Hat lays on a wood tray next to fall leaves.
Ear Flaps

Close-up of rolled brim of a yellowish, greenish, orangish, brownish knit hat on a wood surface next to fall leaves.
Rolled Brim

Close-up of little tassel coming out of pointed top of a knit yellowish, orangish, greenish, brownish hat on a wood surface next to fall leaves.
Adorable Tassel

Notes
  • Pattern used (FREE!): "Garter Ear Flap Hat" pattern by Purl Soho
  • Yarn: I Love This Yarn in Citrus Punch (US 8 4x4" = 18 sts x 23 r)
  • used recommended needle sizes for "kid pattern"
  • finished circumference: 17 3/4" (as stated in pattern!)
  • finished height: 9" from bottom of ear flap to top of hat, not including tassel (as stated in pattern!)
  • Oops I should’ve watched this video more carefully- I didn’t do it quite right. No wonder that ridges part on mine was a little zigzaggy lol).


****
Images have descriptions provided in the alternative text accessible to screen readers.

Comments

Popular Posts