Roses Toddler Dress with Lined Bodice


After making the Navy Floral Toddler Dress with Lined Bodice, I kept thinking of the little changes I could make to construct the dress in a smoother fashion than the tutorial I was inspired by. At midnight, I just had to work on it so ... I did and left the button hole for the morning.

not afraid of button holes


Trying out the dress with sidewalk chalk and mismatching socks
NOTES:
  • Inspired by The Stitching Scientist: Puff Sleeve Toddler Dress
  • only one exposed seam - serged skirt to bodice
  • Sleeveless - changed several steps from tutorial (made adjustments that made it much easier than the first trial)
  • Initially I thought the first trial I made too large of seam allowances or maybe all the stitching, seam ripping, and re-stitching made it smaller but this time it was really smooth and the 2T pattern still came out closer to 12-18 month sizing, so for the next one I'll try 110% printing of pattern
  • skirt measurement: 40x14", serged and folded up bottom hem once

Comments

Popular Posts