Friendly Fair Isle Hat: Sweetheart Edition (knit)

After making the "FRIENDLY FAIR ISLE HAT IN TEAL AND CREAM (KNIT)" and finding it a little on the slouchy side for a bigger kid, I wanted to give it a go with smaller needles (note, I like the slouchy look, just wanted to make a couple adjustments to see if I could get a more snug fit). Then after I tried that, I gave it another go following the "baby size" of Purl Soho's "Friendly Fair Isle Hat" pattern with the smaller set of needles and same yarn I used for my other fair isle hats. Below are my adaptations from the original pattern!


Perfect for a set of siblings or cousins or besties! Change up colors to go with favorite colors or do the alternating contrast colors as I did here.



My deviations from the original pattern were the following:
  • Yarn used: Red Heart Soft Essentials in Peony and Cream
  • Big Toddler Size (2-4 years)
    • followed "kid size" in instructions (cast on 56) but changed the needle sizes
      • US 9 (5.5 mm) 16" circular knitting needles for ribbing
      • US 10.5 (6.5 mm) 16" circular knitting needles for rest of hat
      • set of US 10.5 (6.5 mm) double pointed needles
    • 85 mm pom pom
    • Finished circumference (unstretched): 15.5 inches
    • Finished height (not including pom pom): 8.5 inches
  • Little Toddler Size (12-24 months)
    • followed "baby size" in original pattern (cast on 48) but changed needles sizes
      • US 9 (5.5 mm) 16" circular knitting needles for ribbing
      • US 10.5 (6.5 mm) 16" circular knitting needles for rest of hat
      • set of US 10.5 (6.5 mm) double pointed needles
    • 65 mm pom pom
    • Finished circumference (unstretched): 14 inches
    • Finished height (not including pom pom): 6.5 inches



****
Images have descriptions provided in the alternative text accessible to screen readers.

Comments

Popular Posts