All Autumn Infinity Scarf (knit)
These colors are so rich and vibrant. They're like an autumn rainbow!
- 10.0 mm US 15 circular knitting needles
- 2 skeins (more if you want it wider) Isaac Mizrahi Craft Yarn Sutton in Amsterdam
- 68 yds, 4oz
- 85% acrylic, 15% wool
- recommends 12.75 mm US 17 knitting needles for 4" x 4" 8S x 11R (but I couldn't find any in store)
- yarn needle
- Cast on 95, place marker, join in round being careful not twist the stitches.
- Knit all rows. 1 skein results in 16 rows, about 5 inches.
- Cast off very loosely.
- Weave in ends. Block to unroll edges OR instead of doing the whole project in stockinette, use 3 skeins and knit a couple inches of garter stitch after casting on and before casting off wit stockinette in between.
- 10 inch width (blocked)
- 44 inch circumference (blocked)
|Super rolly edges. When worn, it basically rolls up into a tube. Oops. Guess it's time to try out blocking.|
Doesn't it look delicious?
|Attempt at blocking. Washed in mesh laundry bag in machine on cold delicate cycle. Using clothespins to keep edges from rolling as it dries.|
|The "knit" (right) side.|
|The "purl" (reverse) side.|
|Blocking definitely helped it unroll a little. Perhaps when not worn, it'll have to be sit under ceramic lasagna pans....|
|Cozy. Love the look of it looped around twice!|
|Clinique Long Last Soft Matte Lipstick in Matte Crimson|
Inspired by Purl Soho's Mountain Cowl Tutorial.